CLIR/DLF will support Metro Trans Umbrella Group (MTUG) this year as the beneficiary of our toiletry drive.
Metro Trans Umbrella Group (MTUG) is a St. Louis-based nonprofit whose mission is to bring together the community of trans, genderqueer, androgynous, and intersex people and our allies in the St. Louis Metro Area through community visibility, advocacy, and education. MTUG runs the only LGBTQ-specific community center in St. Louis, and from that community center they host open hours for trans folks to find community with other trans folks, receive direct services like name change assistance and food pantries, or borrow books from the trans-focused library. MTUG hosts peer-led support groups across the Greater St. Louis area, from West County to Belleville, IL. As a non-profit, they depend on financial support and donations from community members.
How can you support the work Metro Trans Umbrella Group is doing for transgender St. Louisans?
- Visit their table at the DLF Forum and DigiPres receptions on Nov. 13 and 15
- Donate unopened toiletries from your hotel room or from home at the CLIR Events Registration Desk between Sunday, Nov. 12 and Thursday, Nov. 16
- Check out their Amazon Wish List to send donations directly to the community center
- Consider signing up to be a monthly donor
- Contribute to their Venmo (@MTUGSTL)