CLIR and DLF would like to provide a final guidance on our approach to health protocols for this year’s DLF Forum and affiliated events, which are now just six weeks away.
The protocols outlined in our August 8 update continue to stand:
- Masking will be recommended but not required at all CLIR events in St. Louis.
- Our events will be mask-friendly, meaning anyone who wants to wear a mask will be welcome to do so, no questions asked.
- CLIR will work with hotel staff to ensure session rooms, meal and reception spaces, and any other common areas are set up to allow as much opportunity for distancing as possible. Based on current plans, meals and receptions will take place in Midway West, a spacious area with high ceilings. More information about the hotel’s layout, including outdoor spaces and filtration, can be found on our Information for Attendees page under “Floor Plans.”
- CLIR will have masks, tests, and sanitizer available free of charge at the registration desk for anyone who needs them.
- Any harassment related to masking will be a violation of our Code of Conduct and may be reported and consequences enforced in the same way as any other CoC violation.
- CLIR will communicate promptly and transparently to all attendees if we learn of a positive test at one of our conferences.
- CLIR will communicate these expectations openly and regularly to all prospective and registered attendees in the weeks leading up to the events.
To further explain what we mean by mask harassment, at our events, this term includes but is not limited to:
- Asking someone to explain why they are wearing a mask;
- Telling someone “COVID is over” when you see them wearing a mask; or
- Demanding someone lower their mask to speak, either in personal conversations or in sessions.
Additionally, we encourage any and all who are able to get the latest available COVID booster and flu shot at least one week before our events.
If you’re feeling sick:
- Up to five days before our events:
- Please take a COVID test before traveling. Free tests are available to order here, free shipping begins Oct. 2, 2023.
- If the result is negative, please only attend our events if you’re feeling well enough to do so. Consider double testing (ideally 48 hours apart).
- If the result is positive and you’d like to request a refund, please notify Team DLF at email@example.com right away. Registration cancellation due to illness 48 hours prior to the event will be fully refunded, however, documentation may be requested in order to receive a refund.
- While at our events:
- Please mask immediately and take a COVID test as soon as possible, using one you’ve brought from home or one from the registration desk.
- If the result is negative, please continue to mask until you feel better. Consider double testing (ideally 48 hours apart).
- If the result is positive, please quarantine and notify Team DLF at firstname.lastname@example.org right away.
- Up to five days after our events:
- Please take a COVID test. If your test is negative, consider double testing (ideally 48 hours apart).
- If the result is positive, please notify Team DLF at email@example.com right away.
Please use your best judgment in all cases of illness; your health and well-being are of the utmost importance.
We ask that you understand the following:
- Traveling and attending events could increase your risk of contracting COVID.
- CLIR is not responsible for the venue’s COVID-19 mitigation efforts (or lack thereof) or any negligence by the venue or its staff relative to such precautions.
We appreciate your patience and compliance with these guidelines. If you have any thoughts or questions you’d like to share, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Aliya and Team DLF