CLIR and DLF would like to provide a further update and guidance on our approach to health protocols for this year’s DLF Forum and affiliated events ahead of the approaching early bird registration deadline.
Building on our update from June 26, we can provide the following clarifications to our plans, based on the work we are doing alongside our Pandemic Landscape Review Committee:
- Masking will be recommended but not required at all CLIR events in St. Louis.
- Our events will be mask-friendly, meaning anyone who wants to wear a mask will be welcome to do so, no questions asked.
- CLIR will work with hotel staff to ensure session rooms, meal and reception spaces, and any other common areas are set up to allow as much opportunity for distancing as possible. Based on current plans, meals and receptions will take place in Midway West, a spacious area with high ceilings. More information about the hotel’s layout, including outdoor spaces and filtration, can be found on our Information for Attendees page under “Floor Plans.”
- CLIR will have masks, tests, and sanitizer available free of charge at the registration desk for anyone who needs them.
- Any harassment related to masking will be a violation of our Code of Conduct and may be reported and consequences enforced in the same way as any other CoC violation.
- CLIR will communicate promptly and transparently to all attendees if we learn of a positive test at one of our conferences.
- CLIR will communicate these expectations openly and regularly to all prospective and registered attendees in the weeks leading up to the events.
We will provide any final updates or clarification to these protocols no later than one month out from our events, in early October.
If you have questions or concerns, reach out to us at email@example.com.
-Aliya and Team DLF